City Parks and Recreation offers a wide variety of classes that help young participants develop a healthy passion for arts, dance, fitness and expression in a well supervised nurturing environment. Many of the actives below are offered year-round at the Carrillo Recreation Center.
- Martial Arts: Chris Milner offers a flexible punch card for youth and family classes.
Little Dragons Kung Fu for ages 4-6
Family Marital Arts for ages 7-12 (parents can participate in this class with their children).
- Creative Dance with Karen Putnam
- Youth Ballet (Mommy and Me Ballet for ages 2-3 and Children’s Ballet for ages 3-5 and ages 6-10)
- Rhythmic Gymnastics for ages 6-10
- Wildcatz Cheerleading for ages 4-7 and 8-13
- Baton Twirling for ages 6-12
- NEW! Girls Rock The Runaways Afterschool (Ages 7-14, program located at )
Girls Rock offers instrumental lessons in guitar, drums, bass and keys, and an ensemble program. All instruments are provided, however, you may bring your own. The Runaways Afterschool also features a Teen Intern Program for 15-17 year olds to earn community service. Call 564-5495 or visit www.girlsrocksb.org. 8-week sessions.
- Mindful Me SB Peer Circles: Call Facilitator Karin Durflinger for current schedule at (805) 284-6762
- We host Ceramics Parties for up to 15 children at a fully stocked ceramics studio.
Email ceramics instructor Catherine Valance at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- For registration assistance or more information on these programs, please call the Carrillo Recreation Center at (805) 897-2519, and staff will be happy to assist you.
The Parks and Recreation Department has a strong commitment to our inclusion program where participants of different abilities are supported to participate in the same class when safe and appropriate.