City Parks and Recreation offers a wide variety of classes that help young participants develop a healthy passion for arts, dance, fitness and expression in a well supervised nurturing environment. Many of the actives below are offered year-round at the Carrillo Recreation Center.
- Martial Arts: Chris Milner offers a flexible punch card for youth and family classes.
Little Dragons Kung Fu for ages 4-6
Family Marital Arts for ages 7-12 (parents can participate in this class with their children).
- Art from the Heart Camps with Karen Putnam The goal of Art from the Heart is to stir up those unique gifts and talents of each participant. Karen Putnam offers creative fun through drama, dance, music, photography, face painting, and American Sign Language.
- Youth Ballet (Mommy and Me Ballet for ages 2-3 and Children’s Ballet for ages 3-5 and ages 6-10)
- Rhythmic Gymnastics for ages 6-10
- Wildcatz Cheerleading for ages 4-7 and 8-13
- Baton Twirling for ages 6-12
- NEW! Girls Rock The Runaways Afterschool (Ages 7-14, program located at )
Girls Rock offers instrumental lessons in guitar, drums, bass and keys, and an ensemble program. All instruments are provided, however, you may bring your own. The Runaways Afterschool also features a Teen Intern Program for 15-17 year olds to earn community service. Call 564-5495 or visit www.girlsrocksb.org. 8-week sessions.
- Mindful Me SB Peer Circles: Call Facilitator Karin Durflinger for current schedule at (805) 284-6762
- We host Ceramics Parties for up to 15 children at a fully stocked ceramics studio.
Email ceramics instructor Catherine Valance at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- For registration assistance or more information on these programs, please call the Carrillo Recreation Center at (805) 897-2519, and staff will be happy to assist you.
The Parks and Recreation Department has a strong commitment to our inclusion program where participants of different abilities are supported to participate in the same class when safe and appropriate.