Mission Historical Park is a 10-acre park located at the cross section of Laguna and E. Los Olivos Street and spans between Alameda Padré Serra and Mission Ridge Road. This monument to Santa Barbara was the tenth Californian Mission built by Spanish Franciscans. Established in the late 1786, it is known as the “Queen of the Missions”.
In 1928, the City purchased the largest parcel, while the rest was gifted to the City in 1948. The grounds contain ruins of Mission Santa Barbara’s old waterworks, tannery vats, grassed areas, and the City Rose Garden. These facilities, along with the Mission itself, are all designated California State Historical Landmarks.
This park is visited for its exquisite views of the Mission, mountains, and Rose Gardens.
For more information visit this location on the map.