About Utilities OnlineUtilities Online
Utilities Online offers you a fast, safe, convenient way to pay your utility bill and review account information. Click on or tap a question below to reveal the answer.
- What is Utilities Online?
Utilities Online is the City's online bill payment system. When you sign up, you will receive email reminders when your payment is due and a confirmation after you have made a payment. You also have the option to select Autopay, Paperless Billing/eBills, Pay By Text using mobile devices, schedule payments, and receive text notifications.
Online Payment Features
- View your bill and make a payment
- Sign up for automatic payments or go paperless
- Schedule your payment for a specific future date
- Skip registration to make a one-time payment or view a single bill
- Manage multiple accounts with a single login
Paperless Billing or eBills (Electronic Billing)
- Convenient, secure, and environmentally friendly
- Contains all of the same information you're used to seeing on your paper bills
- Get email notifications each month when your new bill is available
- Can be viewed online and paid online
- Can be printed for record-keeping
- Enrolling for eBills will cancel your mailed paper bill
Increased Email Notifications
- When your bill is ready for payment
- On your due date
- When payment is pending for scheduled or automatic payments
- Receipt of payment
- If your credit card is expired or about to expire
If you have questions, please contact Utility Billing staff at SBUtilities@SantaBarbaraCA.gov or at (805) 564-5343 Monday through Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and alternate Fridays from 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Please Note: To ensure delivery of account related email notifications, please add SBUtilities@SantaBarbaraCA.gov and firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list.
- Who can use Utilities Online?
Any City of Santa Barbara utility (water, sewer, and/or trash) customer is eligible.
- Is there any additional cost to use Utilities Online?
No, there are no additional fees.
- Can I make a one-time payment without registering?
City customers can pay bills online without having to register for a Utilities Online account. Simply click on the Make Payment without Login link.
What You Need to Make a Payment
- You need your six digit account number and six digit customer number. These numbers are located on the top left of your bill, under the heading "Account Information". You will find them printed in blue type separated by a dash. The account number is the first six digits and the customer number is the last six digits.
- You need a valid bank account number (you will also need the bank routing number), a debit card, or credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, or Discover cards. Debit Cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo are also accepted. We do not accept American Express cards.
- You need a valid email address. The payment confirmation will be emailed to the email address you enter.
- How do I sign up for Utilities Online?
It’s easy! Simply go to our web site at https://UtilitiesOnline.SantaBarbaraCA.gov/ and complete the registration page. Click on the Instructions for step-by-step guidance to set up your account.
What You Need to Sign Up
- You will need your six digit account number and six digit customer number. These numbers are located on the top left of your bill, under the heading "Account Information". You will find them printed in blue type separated by a dash. The account number is the first six digits and the customer number is the last six digits.
- Your Username can be anything you want. There is not a specific combination of letters, numbers or special characters required. It is not case sensitive. You will use this Username every time you login to Utilities Online.
- Your Password must be at least 7 characters long, but it can be anything you want. There is not a specific combination of letters, numbers or special characters required. It is case sensitive.
Your registration will be processed immediately. A confirmation email with a verification link will be provided for your initial login. You may begin making online payments with your first login.
To ensure delivery of account related email notifications, please add SBUtilities@SantaBarbaraCA.gov and No-Reply@InvoiceCloud.net? to your safe senders list.
- Where is my Verification Link?
When you successfully register your account, a Verification Link will be sent to your email address. Clicking on the Verification Link is necessary to complete your registration and for your initial login to Utilities Online.
If you do not see this email in your inbox, please check your Junk Email or Spam folder. Your Internet Service Provider or Email Provider may have automatically flagged the email as Junk. If you use a spam filter, you should make an exception for these email senders, otherwise you may not receive Utilities Online notifications.
If you did not receive the email, you may have mistyped your email address during registration. Please call Utility Billing Customer Service at (805) 564-5343 for assistance.
To ensure delivery of account related email notifications, please add SBUtilities@SantaBarbaraCA.gov and No-Reply@InvoiceCloud.net to your safe senders list.
- How do I sign up for AutoPay, Paperless Billing, or Pay by Text?
Click Instructions for setting up AutoPay, Paperless Billing, or Pay by Text.
- How do I change or reset my password?
You can change your password any time by clicking on the Change Profile / Password link and then click on the Manage Password tab.
You may request a password reminder by clicking on the Reset Password button on the Utilities Online Payment Site home page. Enter your username, and then click on the Send Password button. Your password reminder will be sent to your email address saved in Utilities Online. We strongly recommend that you change your password on your next login.
- How do I change my billing address?
Please call the Utility Billing office at (805) 564-5343. A customer service representative will be able to assist you.
- I have more than one account for water, sewer, and/or trash. How do I register my accounts so that can I see them all when I log in?
In order to see all your accounts, please use a different username when registering each account, but use the same email address and same password on all accounts.
Last Updated: Dec 3, 2014