Small Residential Rates
This includes single-family homes and multi-family residences of 1-4 units.
All small residential trash service are subject to a base charge that includes unlimited recycling and greenwaste (in carts or cans) at no extra cost. Trash is charged on a per container basis.
Multi-family residences include apartments and condominiums of 5 or more units. A single person -- usually the landlord or property manager -- receives and pays the trash bill. Rates and billing structure are different for these types of buildings. If your containers are shared with another household, visit our Large Residential Service page.
Container Sizes Available
- For curbside service, choose carts (35, 65, or 95 gallon sizes), which must be rolled to the curb no more than 24 hours prior to collection and removed within 12 hours after pickup.
- All single-family homes will receive collection once per week; multi-family complexes and buildings may choose more frequent service.
How to Start / Stop / Change Service
If you already know which containers and sizes you need, call the City of Santa Barbara's waste hauler: MarBorg Industries 805-963-1852
Explore your options further using this rate chart, which lists prices for all container types and sizes.
Billing & Payment Options
Four ways to pay:
- Online: For paperless billing, electronic access to your account history, and one-time payments via credit card, sign up at the Utilities Online Payment Site. For automatic payments every month, you must also sign up for Autopay.
- Autopay: Sign up for automatic payments at the Utilities Online payment site.
- By Mail: Mail in the payment stub with your check, payable to the City of Santa Barbara
- In Person: Bills can be paid at City Hall, 735 Anacapa St via cash, check or credit card. For more information, visit the Utility Billing Website.