Recycling Saves You Money on Your Trash Bill
All recycling and compost services are half as expensive as trash service. Replace trash bins with blue, green, or yellow bins to save money on your monthly bill.
Recycling Is the Law
Mandatory commercial recycling went into effect July 1, 2012, with the law known as A.B. 341. It requires recycling services for business and multi-unit residential buildings. It also sets a statewide target of 75% diversion of waste from our landfills. Read about A.B. 341 from CalRecycle.
Does your business discard lots of food or soiled paper? It doesn’t have to go to the landfill! Consider signing up for Foodscraps Compost program.
Need indoor recycling bins? We offer them at cost in various shapes and sizes.
What the City Can Do For Your Business
- Waste audit - Are you putting recyclables in the trash?
- Service recommendations - Are you getting the right amount of trash or recycling for your business?
- Staff trainings - Does your staff know how to properly sort out recyclables and/or foodscraps?
- Recycling presentations - Does your team (large or small) know about the City's recycling program and waste system?
- Foodscraps setup - Would you like your business to participate in the City's compost program?
Where to Call
- MarBorg: Missed pickups, extra pickups, pickup days, change containers, Trash & Recycling charges on your bill: 805-963-1852
- City Billing Office: Late or missed payments, online billing, credit card payments, autopay or water/sewer charges: 805-564-5343
- City Trash & Recycling (Environmental Services): Reduce costs for collection, add or increase recycling, greenwaste, or foodscraps, other issues: 805-564-5631