City Council Adoption August 4, 2020:
On August 4, 2020, the City Council adopted the Amendments for the Program focused on the Central Business District, which will:
- Add High Density with Priority Overlay in much of the Central Business District (CBD).
- Change parking standards from a minimum of one parking space per unit to a maximum of one space per unit in the CBD.
- Allow for unbundled parking for multi-unit residential development in the CBD.
- Increase the maximum height limit from 45 feet to 48 feet in the C-G and M-C Zones, within the Priority Housing Overlay, in the CBD.
- Clarify that the required alternative open yards for the AUD Program in the O-R, C-M, C-G, and M-C zones can be built at grade or above grade (on roof decks).
- Eliminate the 250-unit provision ending the initial AUD Program trial period, which would extend the AUD Program to August 2021.
The ordinance is available here and will be in effect September 3, 2020.
The City Council agenda reports can be found at: SantaBarbaraCA.gov/CouncilVideos