The Planning Department launched an Online Workshop which was open from February 19th - March 3rd. This Online Workshop expands opportunities for community engagement, allowing the public to share thoughts and collaborate with other community members and City decision-makers about the future of multi-unit (apartments and condominiums) housing opportunities in the community.
View the Draft Building Size Map here.
Building Size Standards
Below is information about building size standards and existing buildings:
- Explore the background on current apartment and condominium standards and why we are creating new standards.
- Learn about regulating building size by Floor-to-lot Area Ratios or FAR and how this tool can be used to regulate apartment and condominium building sizes and create more housing and appropriately sized buildings in our community and watch an informative video on Floor-to-lot Area Ratio here.
- Get familiar with different building sizes in the City by exploring a map with pictures of buildings (residential and commercial) and their sizes to give you an idea of what is on the ground today.
The mapping data collected during the workshop has been tabulated in a variety of different ways and is available below:
- To view a map series with all building size pins combined, click here.
- To view a map series with each building size category separated out, click here.
- To view a map series with all building size pins combined and compared to the FARs included in the Draft Outreach Map, click here.
- To view a map series with each building size category separated out and compared to the FARs included in the Draft Outreach Map, click here.
The information collected on the building size survey can be found here.
To review the other information collected during the Online Workshop at the site, click here.