To ensure the delivery of City of Santa Barbara/Community Development Newsletter e-mails to your inbox,
please take a moment to add LandDevelopmentTeam@SantaBarbaraCA.gov to your e-mail Address Book or Safe List.

Seal of the City of Santa Barbara

City of Santa Barbara
Land Development Team Bulletin
Volume #126, 5/17/16

 

PROPOSED FEE INCREASES FOR PLANNING DIVISION SERVICES

 

Welcome

The LDT Bulletin is one way we are increasing communication between the City and our customers. These bulletins will also be located in our lobby area at 630 Garden Street.

We hope you'll find the contents of this issue useful. However, if you prefer not to receive this publication in the future, simply send us an email to: LandDevelopmentTeam@SantaBarbaraCA.gov


FEE INCREASES 

Each fiscal year, the City Council establishes fees for City programs and services as part of the overall City operating and capital budget adoption process. In the recent past, fees for Planning Division services have increased annually by 2% to 3% to reflect the increasing cost to provide these services.

It has been a long-standing policy of the City Council to provide General Fund support to subsidize most Planning Division services. Currently, staff estimates that most Planning Division fees cover about 35% of the fully burdened cost to provide these services, and the General Fund subsidizes the remaining 65%.

On May 10, 2016, the Council Finance Committee received a presentation from several departments regarding proposed fees for Fiscal Year 2017 (fees would be effective July 1, 2016), and directed staff to return on May 24, 2016 to present options for increasing some Planning Division and other Land Development Team-related fees by 10% to 20% over current Fiscal Year 2016 fee amounts.

As stakeholders in the Land Development Team process, the City encourages you to participate in this discussion. For more information, you may contact Renee Brooke, AICP, City Planner at rbrooke@santabarbaraca.gov, and/or attend the May 24, 2016 Finance Committee meeting, at 12:00 p.m., in the David Gebhard Public Meeting Room at 630 Garden Street


Privacy Statement

The City of Santa Barbara respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Your email address will be used solely for the purpose of the City of Santa Barbara to contact you regarding Land Development Team updates.


Subscribe

To subscribe to this bulletin, logon to our website subscriptions page at www.santabarbaraca.gov/MySB and sign up for the Land Development Team newsletter.

City of Santa Barbara/Community Development
630 Garden Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
T. (805) 564-5485, ext. 2653