11th Annual Clean-Up Day a Big Success
On July 26th, the City held the 11th Annual City Clean-Up Day. The event was a great success thanks to the tremendous effort put forth by hundreds of volunteers, community organizations, businesses, and City staff.
A summary of the results:
- 25 City Blocks Covered
- 400 Volunteers
- 5,776 Pounds of Trash Collected
- 125 Trees Maintained
- 1,000 Door Hangers Distributed
- 100’s of Graffiti Tags Removed
- 18 Picnic Tables Painted at Ortega Park
- 70 Storm Drain Markers Installed
- 1,000 Feet of Sycamore Creek Cleaned-Up and 40 Pounds of Trash Collected
- New Life Church
- Calvary Baptist Church
- MarBorg Industries
- Kiwanis Club
- Tri-County Produce
- Sundowner Sustainability Consulting
- Mario Batres
- Boys and Girls Club of Santa Barbara
- Community Neighborhood Alliance
- Free Methodist Church
- Girls Inc.
- KIND Company
- Los Prietos Boys Camp & Academy
- Oaks Bible Church
- San Marcos High School - Football Team
- Santa Barbara Community Church
- SPECTRUM Athletic Club Goleta
- Super Cuca’s Taqueria
- Westside Boys and Girls Club
…and all our participating neighbors!
Thank you especially to staff from Streets, Parks and Creeks, the Police Department Beat Coordinators, Central Supplies and Environmental Services for your awesome work organizing projects and leading volunteers.
Stay up to date on Looking Good Santa Barbara activities here.
Check out our Facebook Album, or watch the slideshow below.
Last Updated: Dec 21, 2018