20-Foot Slip Permit Lottery
The Waterfront Department currently has two 20-foot Slip Permits, previously held by sole slip permittees who passed away with no surviving spouse or registered domestic partner. These slip permits have been offered to every individual on the current slip permit waiting lists and remain unassigned.
Details regarding the slip permits are as follows:
- 20-foot slips fit a vessel of a minimum length of 16-feet, up to a maximum length of 22 feet long overall.
- Permitted vessels may be a recreational or commercial, and must meet current operability, seaworthy and stability standards to safely navigate the open waters of the Pacific Ocean.
- Monthly slip fee is $9.22 per foot of slip or vessel length, whichever is longer.
- Security deposit is $368.80.
- No slip permit transfer fee.
- Slip Permits issued via Lottery are subject to the 5 year graduated slip permit transfer fee, should the new Slip Permittee transfer the 20-foot Slip Permit to a new party within the first five years of the agreement.
- One lottery participation application per individual or family will be accepted.
- Current slip permittees, and those who are a spouse or registered domestic partner of a slip permittee, must relinquish an existing slip permit in exchange for an assignment of a slip permit in this lottery.
The application period to participate in the lottery closed at 5:00 PM PST April 21, 2021.
Once the available Slip Permits have been assigned to individuals from this lottery, the lottery process will be considered complete. If any Slip Permits remain unassigned after being offered to every individual participating in the lottery, the Waterfront Department will use the slip space for transient berthing for six months, and will return to Harbor Commission to either request hosting another lottery, or to explore other options.
For more information, call (805) 564-5531.
Lottery Program Documents:
Resolution No. 08-32