Harbor Patrol’s primary duty is to enforce laws on land and water to facilitate the safe and orderly use of the Waterfront area. Other public safety duties include emergency medical care, boating education, ocean response and rescue, and emergency fire response services.
- Provide law enforcement and security in the Waterfront by patrolling the ocean and land areas.
- Provide emergency response seven days a week, 24 hours a day within the Waterfront jurisdiction.
- Provide medical, fire response and prevention services.
- Coordinate operations with U.S. Coast Guard, Santa Barbara Police, Santa Barbara Fire, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, and County Sheriff.
- Provide boating education and outreach to the public.
Harbor Patrol Resources
- Patrol Policies
Department Standards, Policies, Practices and Training Materials