Welcome to the Santa Barbara Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Santa Barbara Police Department City limits?
- There are No Known suspects?
- This did not occur on a State Freeway?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Those forms will be available in the table on the bottom of this page. Click on the report that is right for you. First, please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- PC 148.3 - Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Santa Barbara Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents:
Abandoned Vehicles (Spanish)
Anonymous Tip (Spanish)
Child Custody (Spanish)
Civil Problem (Spanish)
Harassing Phone Call
Harassing Phone Call (Spanish)
Hit and Run
Hit and Run (Spanish)
Identity Theft (Spanish)
Lost or Stolen License Plate
Lost or Stolen License Plate (Spanish)
Lost Property (Spanish)
Non Injury Traffic Accident
Non Injury Traffic Accident (Spanish)
Shoplifting - Non Custodial Suspect
Shoplifting - Non Custodial Suspect (Spanish)
Supplemental Report (Spanish)
Suspicious Circumstances (Spanish)
Theft from Unlocked Vehicle
Theft from Unlocked Vehicle (Spanish)
Unlawful Use of Access Card
Unlawful Use of Access Card (Spanish)
Vandalism / Graffiti
Vandalism / Graffiti (Spanish)
Vehicle Vandalism (Spanish)
Violation of Domestic Violence Restraining Order
Violation of Domestic Violence Restraining Order (Spanish)
Violation of Restraining Order
Violation of Restraining Order (Spanish)
If you are a retail business and need to report a theft with suspect information, please use this link: Online Reporting for Retailers
Adult Protective Service- Property
Adult Protective Service- Property (Spanish)
Adult Protective Services- Person
Adult Protective Services- Person (Spanish)