Tennis and pickleball courts at the Municipal Center are open with the following player expectations: minimum 6 feet social distancing, face covering required outside the courts, and advanced 1 or 2 hour court reservations. Winter hours are Monday-Sunday 8:00am and 4:30pm. Click HERE to reserve court space up to 7 days in advance.
The Municipal Tennis Facility site offers 9 tennis courts, 12 pickleball courts, hitting walls, free parking and a playground. The site of the complex was acquired in parcels from 1909-1913. The clubhouse and 4 courts were constructed as a W.P.A. project at a cost of $95,000 and opened May 15, 1937. The clubhouse contained a lounge, showers, lockers and offices. The facility at one time was the center of Southern California tennis tournament competition and contained the first lighted courts in the area when 5 additional courts were added prior to World War II. The facility was remodeled in 1957 and 3 additional courts were constructed in the 1960's. The tennis stadium was closed in the 1970's due to unsafe conditions. Half the stadium was demolished and the other half renovated in 1980. New landscaping was added in 1983. Lights were installed on tennis courts 1-3 in 1999 when the old lights on courts 7-11 were removed. Cal Trans installed the soundwall in 2009 during the 101 freeway expansion. The Municipal tennis courts made it possible for UCSB, SBCC, Westmont and SB High School to participate in team competition until they built their own tennis facilities on campus. The first Santa Barbara Open Tournament was held August 28, 1938.
Prices for permits valid date of purchase June 30, 2021
Adult (18+ years)
Senior (60+ years)
Youth (17 years & under)
Adult (18+ years)
Seniors (60+ years)
Youth (17 years & under
OAK PARK 2 TENNIS COURTS 300 West Alamar, Santa Barbara CA 93105
PERSHING PARK 8 TENNIS COURTS 100 Castillo Street, Santa Barbara CA 93101
MUNICIPAL 9 TENNIS COURTS & 12 PICKLEBALL COURTS 1414 Park Place, Santa Barbara CA