Each spring, students contact the Creeks Division to seek help with science projects. Many of those requests are related to local creek and ocean water quality. We’ve compiled a list of ideas, resources, and opportunities so that students are able to complete required science projects quickly and independently. If, after reviewing the information provided here, you need more assistance, please contact the Creeks Outreach Coordinator at (805) 897-2606.
- Comparing water quality between different creeks.
- Comparing water quality between different land-use areas on the same creek.
- Comparing creek water quality to water quality at nearby beaches.
- Comparing creek and/or beach water quality in different weather conditions (dry vs. wet).
- Comparing macroinvertebrate diversity in different creeks or different land-use areas on the same creek.
- Work with your school to create a campus storm water management program.