Welcome to the Santa Barbara Public Library! This page has all the info you’ll need to find the right Library card to fit your needs.
Have questions about signing up for a new Library card while our buildings are temporarily closed?
- Sign up for an eCard online and start enjoying digital access immediately.
- Want to create a new card to place holds on physical items? Call the Library to set up an appointment to meet with Library staff via Zoom, then pick up your new card during our Sidewalk Service hours at any location.
- Have more questions? Give us a call at (805) 962-7653 or email us at referenceservices@SantaBarbaraCA.gov and a Library staff member can help.
eCard (for ages 13 & Up)
- In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, you must be 13 or older in order to complete this registration.
Adult Card -All Access
- Allows you to borrow books, movies, music, magazines and more from the Santa Barbara Public Library. This card also provides you free access to the Library's eResources, available 24/7 through the Library's website and mobile apps, which includes eBooks, audiobooks, downloadable movies, music, magazines, the New York Times, online learning, research, and more.
- Can borrow up to 99 items at a time, no limits per item type.
- Request up 10 items at a time.
- Access computer on-site and making computer use reservations.
- To receive an adult card, you must be 18 years of age or older and have valid identification and proof of your current mailing address.
- SBPL cards are available to California residents, or to anyone with valid identification and a California mailing address.
Acceptable forms of personal identification are:
- Driver’s License or Identification card
- Military ID
- Resident Alien Card
- Matricula Consular
- International Student ID
Acceptable forms of address verification include any piece of mail with your name and address.
If you do not have verification of your current mailing address, please come into any branch library to obtain an official proof of address postcard. Once you have received this official SBPL postcard in the mail, you may obtain a library card with full borrowing privileges.
Internet Only Card - Internet Access
- For the sole purpose of accessing public computers within the Library, and making reservations for using the computer.
- No borrowing privileges are associated with an Internet Only card.
A valid Internet Only Library card may be obtained by showing personal ID which includes:
- The applicant's name
- A photograph of the applicant
Teen Card - All Access
To receive a Teen card, you must be between 13 and 17 years of age. No proof of identification or proof of mailing address is required, but you must be able to provide a mailing address and the name of your legal guardian to sign up.
Juvenile Card -All Access
To receive a Juvenile card, you must be 12 years of age or younger. A parent or legal guardian must be present, and must show identification and proof of mailing address.
Student Success Library Card - Student Access
Hundreds of thousands of physical materials and extensive digital resources from the Santa Barbara Public Library are now available to students of the Santa Barbara Unified School District. For more information, please see the Student Success Library Cards web page.
Homebound Library Cards
Patrons who are residents of the Santa Barbara Public Library service area and generally confined to their residence either temporarily, due to illness or accident, or permanently, due to age, disability or other mobility problems may apply for a Library Card with Homebound Status. See the full policy here. Please contact Patron Services at (805) 962-7653 or email PatronServices@SantaBarbaraCA.gov for an application.
Replacement Library Card
- To replace your card, visit your local library with valid personal ID and a replacement card will be issued to you immediately.
- There is a $2.00 fee to replace a library card.
While using services of the Santa Barbara Public Library please be aware of these regulations:
- You are responsible for all materials checked out on your card, and for all fees associated with your account.
- The Library is overdue fine-free for all users. However, a replacement fee will be charged for materials not returned within 30 days. After 60 days, this charge is non-refundable.
- In order to prevent improper use, Library staff should be notified immediately if your card is lost or stolen.
- Library staff should be notified promptly of change of name or address.
- Library cards are non-transferable.
I have an eCard, but would like to change to an All Access card.
Great! To make this change, please bring your ID and proof of mailing address to a Library location (see the Adult Card info above for further details). Please be aware that if you change your eCard to a Full Membership Card and you use OverDrive, you will need to merge your accounts to retain access to your holds and borrowed items. To merge your accounts, contact Overdrive via their support form (link) with both card numbers. If you need help, or do not have both card numbers, contact Library Staff at (805) 962-7653 for assistance.
I used to have an eCard, but it no longer works.
The Library has recently upgraded its eCard system. If your eCard that started with PACREG no longer works, please use the eCard application
for a new permanent one.
What resources can I access with my eCard?
OverDrive, hoopla, Kanopy, Enki, RBDigital, and Mango Languages.