(para español haga clic aquí)
Santa Barbara Public Library's service for picking-up SBPL items at SBPL locations
Place requests for library items
- Log-in with your SBPL library card and select your SBPL pick-up location.
- You can also call the Library at 805-962-7653 to request items on hold with library staff. Please have your library card number on hand.
- Or watch this instructional video for placing requests for sidewalk service pickup:
- You will receive a text, email, or phone message when your item(s) are ready for sidewalk service pickup. How you receive a notice is based on the preferences you selected in your Black Gold account.
Get requests during sidewalk service hours
- Central Library: Wednesday, 10 AM - 4 PM, Thursday 2:30 PM - 6:30 PM, Friday 10 AM - 4 PM, Saturday 10 AM - 4 PM.
- Carpinteria Library: Wednesday, 2 - 5 PM, Saturday 10 AM - 1 PM.
- Eastside Library: Wednesday 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM, Saturday 10 AM - 1 PM.
- Montecito Library: Tuesday 2 - 5 PM, Thursday 10 AM - 1 PM.
- In the event of inclement weather or power outages, sidewalk service will not be operational.
Follow the on-site instructions
At our sidewalk service, join the marked queue area and follow the on-site instructions. Wearing a mask or other facial covering is required for use of this service.
- Provide your Library Card number to staff when you are first in line.
- At the Central Library, sidewalk service will be available at the historic doors in front of the book drop on Anapamu Street.
- Public parking is available at the Granada Garage (Lot 6) or the Figueroa Garage (Lot 7).
- When picking up items during sidewalk service hours, patrons are expected to wear a life-saving face covering. Library staff will not be available for other inquiries or services.
- The Library's lending policies remain in place. Cardholders can place 10 items at a time on hold, and can have up to 99 items checked out a time. Items may be automatically renewed up to 5 times.
- The Santa Barbara Public Library does not charge late fees on returned items.