A Book Club in a Bag contains everything your book group needs to enjoy reading and discussing your next book. Unless otherwise noted in the catalog, each adult fiction and nonfiction kit contains 10 copies of a title. Children's kits contain 12 copies of a title.
View titles available from Santa Barbara Public Library and all Black Gold libraries
Print a blank checkout list for your book club
Looking for a book club? Join one of the Library's Book Clubs.
- Any patron of the Black Gold Library System or a member library may borrow a kit. Kits from other library branches may be transferred for pickup at the patron’s home library.
- Requests for kits may be made through the library catalog or through library staff by phone 805-962-7653, email, or in person. Kits are held for pickup for 7 days.
- The kit will be checked out on the library card of the person picking up the bag. That patron is completely responsible for the bag and all of its contents.
- The loan period is 6 weeks.
- Kits may not be renewed.
- Check contents before returning the kit. The replacement cost of an entire kit depends on the cost of each unit in the kit.