Science & Technology
- Agricola: National Agricultural Library - Contains publications and resources encompassing all aspects of agriculture and allied disciplines, including animal and veterinary sciences, entomology, plant sciences, forestry, aquaculture and fisheries, farming and farming systems, agricultural economics, extension and education, food and human nutrition, and earth and environmental sciences.
- Building Technology Heritage Library - Collects American and Canadian, pre-1964 architectural trade catalogs, house plan books, and technical building guides. Trade catalogs are an important primary source to document past design and construction practices.
- FLOWMap - Downloaded software for analyzing and displaying the interaction or flow between data points.
- GRASS GIS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System) - Free and open-source GIS software suite originally developed by a branch of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- National Technical Reports Library - Over three million records and abstracts of scientific, technical, engineering, and business information and over 800,000 digitized full-text reports as a result of federally-funded collection. Free and open access from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- OpenLayers - Tool for adding dynamic maps to a webpage.
Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection - From the University of Texas.
- Science Reference Services - From the Library of Congress, overs all areas of science and technology including engineering, mathematics, physics, chemistry, astronomy, biology, medicine, earth sciences, agriculture, military science, naval science, and more.
Science.gov - A gateway to government science information and research results.
- CSU Long Beach Shark Lab - The CSU Long Beach Shark Lab studies the physiological and behavioral ecology of marine animals along the California coast.
- University of California Cooperative Extension - Cooperative Extension (CE) is the public education arm of the University of California's Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) and provide public information regarding agriculture, viticulture, livestock, farming, and home gardening. Their Master Garden Help Line is: 805-893-3485
Internet Safety & Privacy
- Common Sense Media - Common sense media has reviews of movies, shows, games, apps, etc for parents and families to help them make decisions in the world of media and technology.
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month - From the US Department of Homeland Security, tips and resources from National Cyber Security Awareness Month on the topic of cybersecurity specified for different groups of citizens.
- GCFLearnFree.Org - Tutorials that teach the essentials to live and work in the 21st century, from Microsoft Office and Facebook to reading and math and more. Some of the free tutorials qualify for Continuing Education Units (CEUs). There’s also a sister site GCFAprendeLibre.org in Spanish.
- Get Safe Online - Practical advice on how to protect yourself, your children, your computer, your mobile device, and your business against fraud, identity theft, viruses, and other problems encountered online.
- OnGuard Online - The federal government's user-friendly website with tips, information, tutorials, and videos to help consumers be safe, secure, and responsible online. Information is available in both English and Spanish.
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse - Privacy Rights Clearinghouse’s site, many privacy topics are covered on this site dedicated to protecting the privacy of American consumers; includes an extensive series of fact sheets on privacy issues in English and Spanish.
- Stay Safe Online - From the National Cyber Security Alliance, an excellent resource to help individuals use the internet safely and securely at home, work, and school.
- Stop Think Connect - A global cybersecurity awareness campaign’s online resource for all digital citizens to help them stay safer and more secure online; includes tips and advice in Spanish.
Last Updated: Aug 10, 2021