Library Staff Dashboard
NOTE: CTRL-R resets and collapses all Dashboard categories
What's the maximum overdue charge for a library item? (Sandra)
How late can my item be before my account goes to the Collections Agency? (Sandra)
- ARF - HOMEWORK HELP - STORYTIMES - 1000 BOOKS
What type of reading or homework help does the library offer? How can I sign my child up for homework help? (Cristal)
What's the storytime schedule for all of the Santa Barbara Libraries? (Holly)
What programs does the library offer for babies & toddlers? (Holly)
How does the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program work? (Lisa G.)
- CHAT REFERENCE
LibraryH3lp is the library's message service that allows for users to contact the Central Library via text messaging or an internet chat client:
- Monday through Thursday from 10 am to 6:45 pm
- Friday and Saturday from 10 am to 5:15 pm
- Sunday from 1 pm to 4:45 pm
Phone and Chat Service are to be monitored together during any assigned Phone Shifts.
Staff Login: https://libraryh3lp.com/webclient/client
Questions? Ask Cassidy or Stacey
- DONATIONS - VOLUNTEERING
How can I donate to the Library? What materials does the library accept? (Bea)
How do I learn more about volunteering at the Library? (Cristal - Youth and Adult, Leon - Computer Coaching and Drop In Assistance, Devon - Adult Literacy, Dolly - Branches)
- eBOOKS, AUDIOBOOKS, & DIGITAL COLLECTIONS HELP
How do I download the Hoopla, Overdrive, or RBDigital app to my table or smartphone? (Stacey)
How many RBDigital, Overdrive, or Hoopla titles can I check out? Can I renew my ebook? Is there a mobile app? (Stacey)
PACReg accounts can use any of our Downloadables & Streaming content. When a user switches over to a regular library card, how can their account information be transferred as well? (Stacey)
- I.T. SUPPORT REQUESTS, COMPUTER HELP & Wi-Fi PRINTING
For Library Systems Issues visit here.
For City Network Problems visit here.
Unsure? Complete the Library Systems Issues form and someone will contact you.
What computer help and drop-in assistance for mobile devices does the library offer? (Leon)
How do I print using the Library's Wi-Fi? (Cassidy)
- LIBRARY HOURS - EVENTS - CONTACT - HOLIDAYS
What are the Branch libraries hours & locations?
What events are happening this month?
What are the libraries' holiday schedules?
- PHONE NUMBERS - MAGAZINES & NEWSPAPERS - ILL - LOCAL HISTORY - OBIT REQUESTS - HEALTH INFORMATION
How do I locate phone numbers and business info?
What magazines and newspapers does the Central Library have? How far back does the Newspress go? (Bea)
How do I submit an ILL request? (requesting items NOT in the black gold system) (Bea)
What Local History Resources does the library have? How do I submit a Local History search request? (Jody)
How do I research an obituary or submit an obituary request? (Jody)
How do I find health information from a trusted resource? (Jen)
- Medline Plus, a resource for health topics, drugs & supplements, medicals tests, and medical terms.
- POLARIS LEAP
The Polaris Leap Web App responsive web client brings the power and functionality of the Polaris ILS public services workflows to library staff through a browser. This portal is currently available for only Circulation functionality -- for all other modules (i.e. Technical Services), you will need to use the client.
Beginning leaping with LEAP here.
Log-in with your branch prefix, Polaris login initials, and your Polaris password. Ex: BACC
Select your branch and your workstation accordingly.
- SUGGEST A PURCHASE - RESERVE A ROOM - BOOK CLUB IN A BAG - ZIP BOOKS
How can I suggest a purchase? (Bea)
How can I go about reserving the Faulkner Gallery? (Taylor)
How does the Book Club in a Bag program work? (Bea)
What is the Zip Books program? (Bea and Oliver)
- SBPLS patrons in good standing are able to get materials not available in the SBPLS sent directly to their door (free of charge) from Amazon. When the patron is done with the item they can return it to the same library branch they placed the request with.
- Cannot be filled with a SBPLS library
- The item can be found on Amazon
- The item is an audiobook or in a language other than English (print, large type, or audiobook on CD) for up to $75; for all other allowable items (printed book, large print book or audiobook on CD) up to $50.
- The patron must be an SBPLS patron and their account must be in good standing.
- Complete the Zip Books request form and let the patron know a staff member will review and process the request. The patron should allow for 2-4 weeks for delivery.
- Patrons are limited to 5 Zip books per patron per month at their home. Patrons will not be allowed to request additional titles until items at home are returned.
Last Updated: Nov 30, 2016