Santa Barbara Public Library takes the health and safety of our community, volunteers, and staff seriously. The Library and the City of Santa Barbara continues to monitor information about COVID-19.
If you are unable to visit the Library for any reason, our services and resources can be reached digitally or on-the-go with:
Borrow books, audiobooks, movies, comics, films, magazines, and online courses electronically at www.SBPLibrary.org/eLibrary
- Delay requested physical materials, for pick-up or check-out, by calling the Library at 805-962-7653 or by reviewing your OverDrive account for holds on eBooks and Audiobooks.
- Sign-up for a temporary library card online to get started using library resources and services at: http://www.SBPLibrary.org/LibraryCard
- Speak with staff over the telephone, available during all open hours every day of the week at: 805-962-7653. Questions, requests, and information needs are handled in real-time.
- Chat with staff at the Library’s digital chat reference services, available during open hours and answered in real-time: www.SBPLibrary.org/LibraryChat
- Text message questions to staff, available during open hours and answered in real-time: 805-764-4542 (805-764-4LIB).
- Access your account and review your account details by either visiting www.SBPLibrary.org/Catalog or by downloading the Library’s mobile app “Black Gold” in any app store.
- Items not available through the catalog may be ordered for home delivery with the Zip Books program by calling the Library at: 805-962-7653