- Vital contributor to the region’s economy; over 1/2 billion dollar annual economic impact.
- Self -supporting and debt-free; funded by user fees & tenant rents.
- $2.8 million in FAA grant funding provided annually for improvements.
- $1.5 million annually in Passenger Facility Charge funding for improvements.
General Aviation and Services
- There are 221 General Aviation aircraft based at SBA valued over $128 million.
(2009 County Assessor’s list data)
- Three-quarters of all general aviation flights involve visitors to the area.
- Atlantic Aviation and Signature Flight Support provide fuel, hangar and tie-down space for
- Above All Aviation and Spitfire Aviation are the 2 flights schools on the Airport.
- In excess of 6 million pounds of airfreight and baggage are handled annually.
- Above All Aviation, Accurate Aviation and Coastal Aircraft Maintenance provides aircraft repair and tie down space for private aircraft.
- Airport operated fuel farm on the northwest side of the airfield.
FAA Control Tower
The Federal Aviation Administration Air Traffic Control Tower is equipped with new state-of-the-art technology; 35 member staff with 12 terminal radar-approach touch control screens. The Tower provides radar guidance for 170-mile area from Thousand Oaks to San Luis Obispo for aircraft flying at altitudes up to 13,000 ft.
Airline Terminal Activities & Services
- 5 Commercial Airlines
- 26 daily non-stop flights between 9 international airports.
- Restaurant, Coffee Shop, Cafe and gift shop/newstand.
- Free Wireless internet access.
- Rental car companies, door-to-door shuttle vans, taxies and public transit.
- ATM, Luggage Carts, Ambassadors, Visitor Information Desk, TDD.
- 744 spaces at Short & Long Parking facilities at the Airline Terminal.
- Accessible building features ADA improvements Security Access Control System that meets Transportation Security Administration requirements.
Airline Terminal Public Art Program
Artist: Channing Peake
California Cubist, Modernist & Muralist 1910-1989
Rotunda Floor Mosaic
Artist: Lori Ann David
Wood Beam Stenciling
Artist: Vidya Gauci
Vidya Gauci Decorative Fine Arts
Wrought Iron Railing
Artist: Colleen M. Kelly