Maintaining the "Santa Barbara Airport Experience" is one of seven key policies/goals set for the Airline Terminal Project by the Santa Barbara City Council on May 15, 2005. These goals guided our planning and implementation process.
How We Are Meeting This Goal
SBA is embracing the aesthetic planning concepts of the 1942 Terminal and those identified by the community to maintain the "look and feel" of a small, convenient airport. The new Terminal building and surrounding area will have:
- Spanish Colonial Revival style architecture, including tile roofs
- Similar architectural feel inside and out
- Natural light and ventilation
- Lush landscaping
- Views maintained
- Convenient parking
- Enhanced vehicle service access by adding a special traffic lane and longer front curb to ease loading and unloading at curbside and to accommodate queuing for all vehicle types/needs.
- The 1942 historic terminal will stay and move a little to the south to integrate with the new building. A Spanish-style courtyard will join the two buildings.