The Fire Department’s public education program offers comprehensive fire and life safety education to the community to reduce the loss of life and property. It includes activities that are designed to provide a variety of safety programs with curricula that are appropriate for school-age children.
- Conduct Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training.
- Target safety education to identified high-risk populations, including seniors, children, Spanish speakers and persons with disabilities.
- Collaborate with other emergency service providers to give comprehensive life safety information to the community
- Provide business owners with the latest fire prevention and disaster mitigation information.
- Offer public education programs to the community in a variety of mediums in both English and Spanish.