IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Beginning June 15, 2021, the public counter in the Purchasing Office (310 E. Ortega Street) will be open to the public Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and by appointment (please call 805-564-5349 or email SBPurchasing@SantaBarbaraCA.gov to arrange a time).
The General Services Division consists of three programs:
- Prepare Quick Quote, Bid and Proposal packages, advertise and solicit for competitive bids to supply goods equipment, materials and services to meet the City’s needs.
- Utilize State contracts for cooperative purchases when State goods and materials meet department specifications and needs.
- Issue purchase orders to the lowest responsible bidder.
- Resolve bid protests.
- Maintain Bidders List.
- Routinely review warehouse stock for quantity re-order levels and adjust as appropriate on approximately 1,400 items.
- Dispose of surplus City property.
- Issue and receive stock.
Mail Courier Services
- Collect the City’s United States Postal Service (U.S.P.S.) mail from the U.S. Post Office twice daily.
- Provide interoffice mail courier service to City offices and selected outside agencies.
- Collect, sort and prepare for pick-up by contract mail service vendor and all city U.S.P.S. Mail.
For more information on General Services, contact:
General Services Manager
(805) 897-1977 Fax