Si necesita ayuda en español, llame o envíe un correo electrónico a (805) 564-5578, PlanningCounter@SantaBarbaraCA.gov.
The Planning Division offers you the choice of a physical appointment at 630 Garden Street, and a virtual appointment via GoToMeeting (similar to Zoom), so you can speak to us from the comfort of wherever you are.
Appointments at 630 Garden Street
The Planning Division only takes applications online now (since late April 2020 to be almost exact).
- Please do not schedule a Counter appointment in an attempt to submit physical application materials. If you come to the counter and attempt to submit an application, we will reject it, and inform you how to apply online.
- If you would like help submitting an application online, please make a virtual appointment.
As stated previously,
- Please either reschedule your appointment or make a virtual appointment if you are feeling sick, or if you have been in close contact with someone who’s been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Masks are required while you are waiting for your appointment outside the building, and during your appointment inside the building. If you cannot or do not want to wear a mask, please make a virtual appointment.
- Before you enter the building, we’ll ask a series of questions about the state of your health. Based on your answers, we may refuse entry. If we do so, we will make a virtual appointment to answer your questions.
Help us help you! The scheduling software will ask for the address and subject of your appointment, and will allow you to upload documents that can be viewed onscreen, to help. Please upload plans, photos, equipment or material cut sheets, documents, or other materials that will help Planning staff answer your questions. The more information you provide the better. You may also bring such materials with you, if it is better seen in person (i.e. paint colors).
Please make sure you have:
- A fast internet connection;
- Digital materials ready to view on your device, so that you can share your screen with us. If it’s easier for you, please upload digital materials (plans, photos, equipment or material cut sheets, documents or other materials that will help our discussion) when you make your appointment, and we will share our screens with you instead;
- A big enough screen to see if we share our screens;
- A webcam (optional, but desirable, as it’s nice to see who we’re talking to).