Si necesita ayuda en español, llame o envíe un correo electrónico a (805) 564-5485, CDBuildingCode@SantaBarbaraCA.gov.
The Building Division offers you the choice of a limited services by physical appointments at 630 Garden Street. We also offer full online service and free online assistance via GoToMeeting.com.
Appointments at 630 Garden Street
The Building Division will provide the following permit services at our public counter by appointment only.
- Like-for-Like HVAC Furnace and/or HVAC Duct Change-Outs
- Non-Structural Re-Roofs
- Building Sewer and/or Backwater Valve Replacements
- Water and/or Gas Service Replacements
- Final Permit Issuance and Fee Payments (only when specifically directed by City permit processing staff)
- Other Permit Processes Specifically Pre-Approved by the Permit Counter Supervisor
Please do not schedule a Counter appointment in an attempt to submit physical application materials. If you come to the counter and attempt to submit an application other than those mentioned above, we will have to re-direct you to apply online.
All Services Available Online
Did you know that the City Building & Safety Division accepts permit applications, facilitates plan review and issues permits online?
- If you would like help submitting an application online, please make a virtual appointment using this site (see Schedule Appointment button at bottom of page).
- All other permit applications must be made through the City’s building permit portal, “Accela Civic Access” (ACA) found here.
As stated previously,
- Please either reschedule your appointment or make a virtual appointment if you are feeling sick, or if you have been in close contact with someone who’s been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the most recent 14 days.
- Masks are required while you are waiting for your appointment outside the building and during your appointment inside the building. If you cannot or do not want to wear a mask, please make a virtual appointment.
- Before you enter the building, we’ll ask a series of questions about the state of your health. Based on your answers, we may refuse entry. If we do so, we will make a virtual appointment to answer your questions.
Please make sure you have:
- A fast internet connection;
- The most recent version of any of the following internet web browsers: Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome
- Digital materials (PDF) ready to view on your device, so that you can share your screen with us.
- Materials (photos, documents, computer screen shots, etc.) that will help our discussion as we share screens and discuss your permitting process needs;
- A big enough screen to see our shared screens during the video conference;
- A microphone and speakers connected to your computer;
- A webcam (optional, but desirable, as it’s nice to see who we’re talking to).