- Santa Barbara City Council adopted a Temporary Eviction Moratorium Ordinance which allows commercial and residential tenants to defer rent payments when they are unable to pay because of income reductions due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The ordinance became effective immediately and will expire on May 31, unless the City Council takes action to extend the law.
- All libraries have been temporarily closed with a tentative reopening date of April 6, 2020. Many family programs are available online while libraries and schools are closed.
- The municipal golf course, Skater’s Point skatepark, all tennis courts and beach volleyball courts, all outdoor exercise equipment and playgrounds in City parks, and all indoor recreation facilities are closed until further notice. In addition, Franceschi Park, Hilda McIntyre Ray Park, and Skofield Park are currently closed. For details on these closures and ways to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 while using parks and trails, please visit SantaBarbaraCA.gov/ParksAndRec.
- City parks and restrooms will remain open during normal park hours. All other outdoor organized sports, spring break camps and beach volleyball classes are cancelled.
- Street sweeping is cancelled in residential neighborhoods through March and there will be no related parking enforcement during this period.
- Cruise ship visits have been cancelled through Fall.
- Flights continue to operate at Santa Barbara Airport. For air travel updates, visit: SBA Website
- The City Council meetings on March 31 is cancelled. All board and commission meetings are cancelled through March. Options are being explored for advisory group members and the public to participate in future meetings remotely.
- Building inspections will conducted remotely. Keeping construction projects moving as smoothly as possible is important. The Building and Safety Division now has the capability to conduct many building inspections remotely, using FaceTime and Google DUO. For more information, please visit SantaBarbaraCA.gov/VideoInspection.
- County Animal Shelter Operations will temporarily be limiting their in-person services, effective immediately. All shelter locations will remain open by appointment or via phone. In person services include: adoptions, shelter intakes and return to owner of animals already in the care of the shelter. All measures will be taken to return animals to their owners in the field instead of impounding them; owner surrender intakes will be on an emergency basis only. For questions regarding Santa Barbara County Animal Shelter please call them directly at 805-681-5285.
- MarBorg Industries and the County of Santa Barbara have closed some local drop-off trash and recycling facilities. In the meantime, please hold on to drop-off items like electronics, light bulbs, large batteries, used oil, etc. until facility operations are restored.
Last Updated: Mar 26, 2020