City Services Available Online
To protect the safety and wellbeing of the community and our employees, the City of Santa Barbara is taking steps to continue providing services to the public. City offices continue to operate but some public counters are closed or available by appointment only to limit interaction and ensure social distancing.
Many City services and instructions are available online, allowing you to pay a bill, find phone numbers to contact staff, or submit requests, forms, applications, questions, and comments via email. Before making a trip, please check the City’s website and review the list of services below.
- Business Operation Inquiries: For businesses who wish
to learn more about whether or how to operate their business in accordance with
COVID-19 guidelines, please send an email to LandUse@SantaBarbaraCa.Gov.
- Public Counter Instructions: Essential City services, construction, and maintenance work continues and staff are ready to handle requests, review plans and applications, and process payments. The following special instructions and adjustments are currently in effect:
- Airport Administration and Operations: Santa Barbara Airport (SBA) remains open and operating 24/7. For Administrative/Operational matters, please call for an appointment at 805-967-7111.
- Finance: The Cashier and Utility Billing public counters are temporarily closed and will reopen on Monday, February 14, 2022. However, Business/Billing Office staff are working and available by phone and email during regular business hours:
— Water and/or trash bill questions, call Utility Billing at (805) 564-5343 or UtilityBilling@SantaBarbaraCA.gov
— Business License questions, call the Business Office at (805) 564-5346 or BusinessLicense@SantaBarbaraCA.gov
— For Cox Cable bill questions, call the Cox Customer Service number on the front of your bill.
— To contact Public Counters for Water & Trash Bills, Business Licenses, and Parking Citations click HERE.
- Building and Safety, Planning, Public Works, and Records Counter at 630 Garden Street: In-person services have been temporarily suspended. Online application submittal and permitting and virtual counter services continue to be available. The self-service lobby area is also open daily for your various pick-up and drop-off needs. To see a full list of services click HERE. If you have questions, call or email:
- Rental Housing Mediation: Staff can provide consultations and mediations in English or Spanish by phone at 805-564-5420. Tenant/landlord rights and responsibilities can be provided by phone and email. Read more…
- Affordable Housing and CDBG/Human Services Call 805-564-5461 or email HHS@SantaBarbaraCA.gov
- Library: Library buildings are open with a modified service model through January 31. The Library will evaluate public health conditions at the end of the month and may extend the modified service model. For details click HERE.
- Borrow books, audiobooks, movies, comics, films, magazines, and online courses electronically at SBPLibrary.org/eLibrary
- Sign-up for a digital library card online to get started using library resources and services at: SBPLibrary.org/LibraryCard
- Chat with staff at the Library’s digital chat reference services, available during open hours and answered in real-time: SBPLibrary.org/LibraryChat
- Text message questions to staff, available during open hours and answered in real-time: 805-764-4542 (805-764-4LIB)
- Stay up to date on events and classes by visiting the Library's calendar.
- If you have questions about a particular event or about checked out items, please call the Santa Barbara Public Library at 805-962-7653.
- Police: The Police Department public lobby at 215 E. Figueroa Street is currently open for limited service and limited hours. Public safety professionals are providing 24/7 service throughout the City. While the lobby might be closed in an abundance of caution, our professional staff is working for you. For real emergencies, dial 911. To file a police report or request a copy, use the Citizens Online Reporting Tool. To arrange for Property Release, call 805-897-2375 to make an appointment. For all other requests, please call 805-897-2355.
- Fire: Email sbfdsbca@SantaBarbaraCA.gov or call 805-965-5254 for all questions related to fire prevention, wildland fire prevention, and plan submittals.
- City Clerk: the City Clerk's office is now open for in-person services by appointment only, and available by phone at (805) 564-5309 or email at Clerk@SantaBarbaraCA.gov. City Council and Advisory Group agendas are available online and outside City Hall. Meeting videos and minutes are also available on the City’s website. For questions related to the Council agenda or public records requests, email email@example.com.
- Human Resources: The Human Resources counter is open, however, appointments are encouraged and should be scheduled as needed. To set up an appointment or contact us with any questions, call 805-564-5316 or email HR@santabarbaraca.gov. You can also access information on job opportunities, salary and benefit information, and MOUs by visiting our website at www.santabarbaraca.gov/gov/depts/adminsvs/hr/default.asp
- Parks and Recreation: Many Parks and Recreation locations are open now. Parks and Recreation resources can be found online at SantaBarbaraCA.gov/ParksAndRec, and questions may be directed to ParksAndRec@SantaBarbaraCA.gov. Sign up for camps and other activities, book a picnic site, reserve a venue for a private event, or get started on planning a community special event. View the lap swim schedule at Los Baños del Mar Pool (advance sign-ups no longer needed) or reserve a court for tennis or pickleball at the Municipal Tennis Center. Contact the Water Quality Enforcement Program Enforcement Hotline to report violations of the City’s Municipal Code to protect local creeks and the ocean from pollution. Services are available to request a Street Tree Removal. The following facilities remain open for in-person business on weekdays:
Cabrillo Pavilion: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Carrillo Recreation Center: 9 a.m. to noon
Franklin Neighborhood Center: 8 a.m. to noon
Westside Neighborhood Center: By appointment only
- Downtown Parking: The Downtown Parking counter has temporarily suspended in-person services. Monthly and Commuter Permit account payments, as well as other transactions requiring payment, may be mailed to 1221 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101. Please include your account number or license plate number with your payment. All other submittals and inquiries can be directed to ParkingPermits@SantaBarbaraCA.gov or (805) 564-5656, Option 3. Permit applications can be found online by visiting www.santabarbaraca.gov/parking.The Downtown Parking public counter hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, and closed alternating Fridays. The permit counter is temporarily open by appointment only.
- Waterfront/Harbor: Waterfront Office is located at 132A Harbor Way, Santa Barbara, CA and is open to the public Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM and Sat-Sun 8:30AM – 5PM. Currently, we are limiting the number of people in the lobby to one party at a time. Waterfront parking permits are being sold from a table outside, below the Waterfront offices from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Want to save a trip? The majority of Waterfront related services can also be completed by: