Reporting A Homicide
- The dispatcher will send an officer to the scene.
- Don't touch or move anything. Do not cover or move the deceased.
- While waiting for the police, you should write down the license plate numbers of any vehicles you saw leaving the area.
- Make a note of any suspicious persons seen leaving the area.
- When the officer arrives, there will be a search for evidence and you will be asked to provide any information you may have.
Reporting Additional Information
If you have additional information on a particular homicide, call the Homicide Detectives Section
- 569-COPS for a 24 hour answering machine