Utilities Online FAQsUtilities Online
- Why isn't my eBill displaying correctly?
eBills are display in an Adobe PDF file format. We recommend you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your device.
It is also helpful to clear your temporary internet files (cache). Consult your web browser’s help to find out how to do this.
- Why isn’t my password working?
Your password is case sensitive. Please be sure to type the password using upper and lower case characters as needed. If you forget your password, click on the Retrieve Password button. If you use this function, we strongly recommend you reset your password on your next login.
- Which web browsers work with Utilities Online?
The new payment system is compatible with desktop, mobile and tablet devices and most any browser.
For viewing usage history dynamic graphics, you need Microsoft Internet Explorer or Google Chrome with the Adobe Flash plug-in.
- How do I sign-up for paperless billing?
Click on the Sign-up for eBills link in the Online Services menu on the left of the page. In the payment portal, select the My Profile menu and select Paperless Options. Click on the Yes radio button and then the Save Changes button.
- How do I get back and forth between the Utilities Online Payment Site and the payment portal.
- In the Online Services section of the main navigation, click on the Make a Payment link to proceed to the payment portal.
- In the payment portal, click on the Home link at the top-right of the page to get back to the Utilties Online Payment Site.
- How do I change my password?
You can change your password any time by clicking on the Change Profile / Password link and then click on the Manage Password tab.
- What if I forget my password?
You may request a password reminder by clicking on the Retrieve Password button on the Utilities Online Payment Site home page. Enter your username, and then click on the Send Password button. Your password reminder will be sent to your email address saved in Utilities Online. We strongly recommend that you change your password on your next login.
- Can I make a one-time payment without registering?
The City of Santa Barbara customers can pay bills online without having to register for a Utilities Online account. Simply click on the Make Payment without Login link, provide your account number and a valid Visa or MasterCard. Debit Cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo are also accepted.
- How do I sign up for Auto Pay?
Do the following to sign-up for AutoPay.
- Login to the Utilities Online Payment Site.
- Click on Make a Payment in the Online Services section of the main menu on the top-left.
- In the My Profile menu, select the AutoPay menu item.
- Click on the New AutoPay Setup button and follow the instructions from there.
- How do I change my billing address?
Please call the City of Santa Barbara utility billing office at (805) 564-5343. A customer service representative will be able to assist you.
- I have more than one account for water, sewer, and/or trash. What do I do if I don’t see all of my accounts listed after I’ve registered?
The new payment system allows you to see all your accounts automatically. You can pay bills on all accounts at one time.
- Why didn’t I get my verification email after I registered?
The verification email and subsequent email notifications are sent from SBUtilities@SantaBarbaraCA.gov and No-Reply@InvoiceCloud.net. If you use a spam filter, you should make an exception for these email senders, otherwise you may not receive Utilities Online notifications.
Last Updated: Aug 5, 2016