News Item DetailsCity Trash & Recycling
Inside Santa Barbara TV Show Explains Bag Ordinance
INSIDE SANTA BARBARA
City TV Channel 18 Airs 172nd Episode of News Magazine ShowInside Santa Barbara
Click here to watch online
SANTA BARBARA, CA - 4/22/2014 - Now in its 15th year, Inside Santa Barbara is Santa Barbara’s only news magazine show and gives in-depth coverage of the City’s most significant issues, projects, and events. The award-winning show is produced by the City of Santa Barbara and hosted by Becky Davis.
- Single Use Bag Ordinance: On May 14th, Santa Barbara will join over 100 other communities across the state that have adopted a new ordinance to help keep our streets and water ways clean. City TV takes a closer look at this ordinance and how it will impact our community.
- Stage One Drought: The last few years have been some of the driest on record. Because of this, the city declared a stage one drought in February. In this segment, you’ll learn exactly what that means for you.
- Community Oriented Policing: You may have noticed increased police interaction with businesses and residents around town lately. This is part of the department’s community oriented policing philosophy. Learn more about the program and how it’s benefitting our community.
- Permeable Pavers: Letting something slip through the cracks usually carries a negative connotation, but that’s not the case when it comes to storm water runoff. Inside Santa Barbara’s Negeen Amuzegar shows us the power of permeability and how it’s being employed at four locations in the city.
- At-Risk Youth: The Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of programs specifically targeting at-risk youth. City TV looks at a few of these programs that give kids positive alternatives and opportunities for some creative expression.
Inside Santa Barbara airs on the following days and times on City TV Channel 18: Mondays at 8 p.m.; Tuesdays at 5 p.m.; Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m.; Saturdays at 9 p.m.; and Sundays at 10 p.m.
Viewers can also watch Inside Santa Barbara online.
For more information on Inside Santa Barbara, call City TV at 564-5311.
Last Updated: Jul 12, 2013