The City of Santa Barbara provides a comprehensive set of waste and recycling services through our citywide waste hauler, MarBorg Industries. These include:
Different services are available to residential and business customers. In multi-unit residential buildings, services are coordinated by the landlord or property manager.
Recycling, Foodscraps, and Greenwaste 50% Cost of Trash
In July 2013 the City of Santa Barbara began a new contract for trash and recycling services with MarBorg in which all recycling services -- blue bin, green bin, and yellow bin – are 50% the cost of trash service.
For detailed information on the new and improved services available to residential and business customers, please visit the links below:
Where to Call
- MarBorg: Missed pickups, extra pickups, pickup days, change containers, Trash & Recycling charges on your bill: 805-963-1852
- City Billing Office: Late or missed payments, online billing, credit card payments, autopay or water/sewer charges: 805-564-5343
- City Environmental Services: Reduce costs for collection, add or increase recycling, greenwaste, or foodscraps, other issues: 805-564-5631
Billing & Payment Options
Four ways to pay:
- Online: For paperless billing, electronic access to your account history, and one-time payments via credit card, sign up at Utilites Online . For automatic payments every month, you must also sign up for Autopay.
- Autopay: Sign up for automatic payments from your checking or savings by filling out the Application for Autopay . Credit cards cannot be used for automatic payments. City does not keep your credit card number in order to protect the security of your account.
- By Mail: Mail in the payment stub with your check, payable to the City of Santa Barbara
- In Person: Bills can be paid at City Hall, 735 Anacapa St via cash, check or credit card. For more information, visit the Utility Billing Website.