Domestic Partnership Application Information
Please be advised that the City of Santa Barbara City Clerk’s Office cannot guarantee that this Domestic Partnership will be accepted for any purpose other than to obtain City of Santa Barbara Employee Benefits. Other public and private entities are not obligated to recognize this Domestic Partnership. No refund will be given.
- Forms may be obtained by clicking the links below, or by visiting the City Clerk's Office on the main floor of Santa Barbara City Hall, 735 Anacapa Street. (Map)
- Fees are as follows
- $35 Domestic Partnership Registration
- $10 Statement of Termination
- $25 Confirmation Certificate of Domestic Partnership in another community
- Both partners must sign the Affidavit of Domestic Partnership.
- The fee is paid to the City's Finance Department Cashier on the main floor of City Hall prior to submitting the affidavit to the City Clerk's Office.
- Obtain receipt from the Cashier.
- One of the parties must file the Affidavit and the receipt of payment in person with the City Clerk.
- The City Clerk's Office will prepare one official certificate for the partners.
- The City Clerk's Office will retain the Affidavit.
Domestic Partnership Application
Domestic Partnership Termination Application