• Hoses must be equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle when in use.
• Irrigation with potable water is prohibited between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. for automatic systems. If manually operated or hand watering, irrigation is prohibited between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
• Effective January 1, 2017 irrigation of lawns is prohibited. Exceptions include: non-potable water, school recreation fields, parks and public open spaces, and putting greens/tees at golf courses. Prior authorization needed for watering of low water use grasses and lawn areas directly related to business activity, subject to compliance with targeted reduction in water use.
• Irrigation with potable water that causes runoff onto adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, private and public walkways, roadways, parking lots, or parking structures is prohibited. Any excessive, unnecessary or unwarranted use of water is prohibited. All leaks must be repaired as soon as reasonably possible.
• Irrigation during and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall is prohibited.
For details and to see all water use restrictions, see the Water Use Regulations page.