Public Records RequestsPolice Department SBPD
Public records are available through the Santa Barbara Police Department in accordance with Government Code Section 6250 et.seq. To assist our department with fulfilling your need, written requests are encouraged, but not required. Request Forms will be processed when received and every effort to respond within 10 days will be made.
- Charges for public records are $0.30 per page
- Acceptable methods of payment are:
- Checks; made payable to City of Santa Barbara
- For charges over $10.00 only: VISA, MasterCard, Discover
- If a request places an extraordinary burden on the police department, additional charges for personnel time may be assessed.
Download a copy of a public records request form.
Last Updated: Oct 31, 2013