All Library branches offer a place to study, books for reading assignments and report information, and computers that students can use to print pictures and type reports.
Online Research Resources
Carpinteria Library Homework Center
- Homework support in a space just for kids age 8 through middle school, including activities and computers
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays 2:30-5:30; Wednesdays 1:30-6:30; (805) 684-4314
Central Library Homework and Reading Help
- Drop in for help with reading, math, social studies and more for K-6th graders
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays 3:30pm - 6:30pm; Wednesdays 2:30pm – 6:30pm; (805) 564-5603
- Want to try a computer program that teaches phonics and reading skills? Call (805) 564-5619 to find out how to get a free Lexia / Reading Plus login
Eastside Library Art and Homework
- Work on a group art project and receive help with your homework
- Registration required - space is limited – call (805) 963-4364 to contact Tina Villadolid, Coordinator of Community Art Programs, Museum of Art
or call the Library (805) 963-3727 for information.
Reading with Dogs in the Library
Practice reading skills with a furry friend! A great way for reluctant readers to practice reading aloud to the kindest, least judgmental listeners around.
Buellton Library Tail Waggin' Tutors - Wednesdays 4:30-5:30pm (805) 688-3115
Central Library ARF! - Tuesdays 3:30-5:00pm in the Children's Area. 15 minute sessions, first-come first-served, focused on K-3rd grade children who are actively reading or learning to read.
Goleta Library Paws to Read - Drop in for a 15 minute session on Tuesday afternoons between 4:00 and 5:00, and Thursday afternoons between 3:00 and 4:30. Sign ups are allowed 30 minutes before the program begins, and are first come, first served.
Solvang Library Tail Waggin' Tutors - Thursdays 3:30-4:30 (805) 688-4214