All Library branches offer a place to study, books for reading assignments and report information, and computers that students can use to print pictures and type reports.
Online Research Resources
Carpinteria Library Homework Center
- Homework Center is on summer break. We'll be back in the fall with a new and improved program.
Central Library Homework and Reading Help
- Drop in for help with reading, math, social studies and more for K-6th graders
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays 3:30pm - 6:30pm; Wednesdays 2:30pm – 6:30pm; (805) 564-5603
- Want to try a computer program that teaches phonics and reading skills? Call (805) 564-5619 to find out how to get a free Lexia login if you don't have a school one.
Eastside Library Art and Homework
- Work on a group art project and receive help with your homework
- Registration required - space is limited – call (805) 963-4364 to contact Tina Villadolid, Coordinator of Community Art Programs, Museum of Art
or call the Library (805) 963-3727 for information.
Reading with Dogs in the Library
Practice reading skills with a furry friend! A great way for reluctant readers to practice reading aloud to the kindest, least judgmental listeners around.
Buellton Library Tail Waggin' Tutors - Wednesdays 4:30-5:30pm. Drop in for a 10 to 15 minute session of reading aloud or storytelling to a friendly, trained therapy dog. First come, first served. Signups begin 30 minutes ahead of time. (805) 688-3115
Central Library ARF! - *** The ARF dogs are on Winter Break. The dogs will return on January 17th. Tuesdays 3:30-5:00pm in the Children's Area. School-age children may sign up for 15 minute sessions, first come, first-served. Sign ups are allowed 30 minutes before the program. (805)564-5603
Goleta Library Paws to Read - Drop in for a 15 minute session on Tuesday afternoons between 4:00 and 5:00pm, and Thursday afternoons between 3:00 and 4:30pm. Sign ups are allowed 30 minutes before the program begins, and are first come, first served. (805)964-7878
Solvang Library Tail Waggin' Tutors -Thursdays 3:30-4:30pm. Drop in for a 10 to 15 minute session of reading aloud or storytelling to a friendly, trained therapy dog. First come, first served. Signups begin 30 minutes ahead of time. (805) 688-4214