- Direct Media inquiries to Marketing & Communications 805.692.6024
- All media are required to display proper indentificaiton at all times.
- Media must have an airport or airline-approved escort when in secure areas.
- Media vehicles must be parked in designated areas only. Permission is required in advance.
- All other news media vehicles must be parked in the parking lots.
- Access to airside emergencies is at the discretion of the Airport Director
or her designated representative.
- In any emergency, only designated Airport staff will respond to questions related to incidents.
- Airport staff will refer media questions to the air carrier/owner or governmental agencies involved.
Glossary of Terms
Airside: Aircraft movement area, which includes ramp areas, taxiways, apron and runways.
AOA: Airport Operations Area or airfield.
FAA: Federal Aviation Administration
General Aviation: (GA) is one of two categories of civil aviation. It refers to all flights other than military and scheduled airline.
Landside: Terminal complex, curb-front areas and parking lots.
NTSB: National Transportation Safety Board
SBA: Santa Barbara Airport
Tenant: Businesses on leasehold, such as airlines, air cargo carriers and concessions
TSA: Transporation Security Administration; checkpoint security personnel.