- Provides guidance and personnel related information to over 1,000 regular and 500 hourly employees in 12 departments.
- Establishes job classifications and compensation levels for over 380 classifications.
- Manages the Financial Management System (FMS) in relationship to job titles, positions, and compensation (COLAS, merit increases, status changes, etc.)
- Recruits, tests, and certifies qualified applicants for City positions.
- Coordinates and assists departments with disciplinary actions, performance issues, grievances, and complaints.
- Provides staff support to the Civil Service Commission.
- Administers employee benefit programs including health insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability, flexible spending accounts, deferred compensation and retirement, and leave of absence.
- Manages employee training through the LEAP program (Learning for Excellence and Achievement Program), including the City Leadership Academy, the Success Series, New Employee Orientation, and Educational Reimbursement.
Last Updated: Jan 5, 2015