Boards & Commissions D-M
- Downtown Parking Committee
The Downtown Parking Committee was established August 30, 1988, and replaced the Parking District Committee.
- Fire & Police Commission
In 1874, the Pioneer Fire Company No. 1 was organized. Crime was infrequent in Santa Barbara in the 1800's and major felonies were so rare that it was not considered necessary to form a police force until 1900.
- Fire & Police Pension Commission
The Board of Fire and Police Pension Commissioners was created under Article IV-A of the Charter of the City of Santa Barbara in 1926 for the purpose of controlling the administration and investment of monies deposited in the Service Retirement Fund.
- Front Country Trails Task Force
The City of Santa Barbara, County of Santa Barbara, and the Los Padres National Forest share jurisdictional oversight of Santa Barbara’s Front Country Trails (FCT).
- Golf Advisory Committee
The Golf Advisory Committee was established in June 1978 to provide guidance and operational assistance to the Parks and Recreation Department and Parks and Recreation Commission in the provision of golf course matters.
- Harbor Commission
In 1926, Major Max C. Fleischmann, an ardent yachtsman and philanthropist, offered $200,000 (approximately one half the cost) toward the construction of a harbor project on the condition that the City contribute the balance.
- Historic Landmarks Commission
In 1959 the California State Legislature passed a bill enabling local communities to provide for historic districts and landmarks and, in September of that year, El Pueblo Viejo historic district was born.
- Housing Authority Commission
In November 1968, City Council sponsored a measure entitled Proposition C, which the voters approved, asking for authority to develop low income housing units.
- Integrated Pest Management Advisory Committee
The City Council adopted an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) policy on June 17, 2003. The purpose of the IPM policy is to reduce or eliminate pesticide use on City property and to serve as an example to private property owners.
- Library Board
Miss Sara Plummer established the City's first library on State Street in 1870. After Miss Plummer married, the library was sold to the Odd Fellows who moved it to their lodge at State and Haley Streets.
- Living Wage Advisory Committee
The Living Wage Advisory Committee was established on April 25, 2006, by Resolution No. 06-031. Its purpose is to advise the City Council regarding the City’s implementation of the Living Wage Ordinance.
- Measure P Committee
- Metropolitan Transit District Board
- Mosquito & Vector Management District
Last Updated: Apr 8, 2013